ARB Underwriting Ltd recognise that protecting personal information including sensitive personal information, is very important and we recognise that you have an interest in how we collect, use and share such information.
Please read the following carefully as it contains important information relating to the information that you give us or has been provided to us on your behalf. If you provide information relating to anyone other than yourself, you are responsible for obtaining their consent to the use of their data in the manner outlined below.
What Does ARB do with Your Personal Data
Information you provide will be used by ARB for the purposes of processing your application and administering your insurance policy. ARB may need to collect sensitive data relating to you (such as medical or health records or convictions) in order to process your application and/or any claim made. All information supplied by you will be treated in confidence by ARB and will not be disclosed to any third parties except (a) to our agents, sub-contractors and re-insurers (b) to third parties involved in the assessment, administration or investigation of a claim, (c) where your consent has been received or (d) where permitted by law. In order to provide you with products and services this information will be held in the data systems of ARB or our agents or subcontractors.
ARB may pass your information to other companies for processing on its behalf. Some of these companies may be based outside the EEA, but in all cases ARB will ensure that its transfers of data are lawful and that your information is kept securely and only used for the purposes for which it was provided. Calls to ARB may be recorded for quality assurance or verification purposes.
Fraud Prevention, Detection and Claims History
In order to prevent and detect fraud and the non-disclosure of relevant information ARB may at any time:
- Share information about you with companies within the ARB Group, other organisations outside the ARB Group including where applicable private investigators and public bodies including An Garda Síochána;
- Check and / or file your details with fraud prevention agencies and databases, and if you give us false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this.
ARB may also search these agencies and databases to:
- Help make decisions about the provision and administration of insurance, credit and related services for you;
- Trace debtors or beneficiaries, recover debt, prevent fraud and to manage your insurance policies with ARB;
- Check your identity to prevent money laundering, unless you furnish us with other satisfactory proof of identity;
- Undertake credit searches and additional fraud searches.
Insurance Link Database
Insurance companies share claims data:
- to ensure that more than one claim cannot be made for the same personal injury or property damage
- to check that claims information matches what was provided when insurance cover was taken out
- when required, to act as a basis for investigating claims when our recorded information is incorrect or when we suspect that insurance fraud is being attempted.
The purpose of Insurance Link is to help us identify incorrect information and fraudulent claims and, therefore, to protect customers.
Guidelines for sharing your information with other insurance companies, self-insuring organisations or statutory authorities are contained in the Data Protection Commissioner’s Code of Practice on Data Protection for the Insurance Sector which is available at www.dataprotection.ie
Under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2003 you have a right to know what information about you and your previous claims is held on Insurance Link. If you wish to exercise this right then please contact us at the address below.
How to contact us
On payment of a small fee you are entitled to receive a copy of the information we hold about you and to seek rectification of any inaccurate data. If you have any questions, or you would like to find out more about this notice you can write to the Data Protection Officer, ARB Underwriting Ltd, 9 Blackrock Business Park, Blackrock, Co Dublin.